But today is a good day for a tag. Specifically the Infinity Dreams Blog Award, given to me by Victoria @ Stori Tori's Blog. If you haven't yet checked out her corner of the internet, wander over to find her assortment of tea reviews, soundtracks, vocabulary expansions, and general geekiness.
(By the way, I haven't a clue what inspired this tag/award's name. Maybe it started out having some relation to dreams or infinite somethings?)
1. Thank and follow the blog that nominated you.
2. Tell us eleven facts about yourself.
3. Answer the questions that were set for you to answer.
4. Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them.
Eleven Facts About Myself
1. I love dark chocolate. The darker the better. (Up to a point. Those 90% cocoa bars taste like straight up cocoa powder.) If you wish to buy me chocolate, Lindt is very welcome. *smiles innocently*
2. I have jumped off a fifty-foot structure. Since it was the only way down at the end of a high-ropes course, and I was harnessed in, it's not as impressive as it first sounds . . . But it was scary.
3. Because my hair can't decide if it's blonde or brown, and is instead a 'dirty blonde,' and because I dislike that description, I have taken to describing it as honey brown.
4. Stacks of paper are the bane of whatever sense of tidiness I have. One of the many stacks on my desks currently consists of: a voter info card, my incomplete submission form for Rooglewood Press's contest, old envelopes that haven't made their way to the recycling bin, a devotional sheet from church, a Legend of Zelda coloring page, scrap paper, a wedding invitation, a college booklet, a humorous note from my aunt, a list of what I packed for holidays this summer, more scrap, training material from work, a graph of my Sleeping Beauty word count progress, a Tangled coloring picture, an old blog post of Mirriam's that I printed (with the intention of hanging it on my wall), and yet more scrap. It's way past time I clean my desk!
5. Some facts about myself are apparently very long-winded . . .
6. I spent an afternoon this week getting tomato juice all over myself and the kitchen counter. It's canning season!
7. I like to put cucumbers or pickles in my tuna sandwiches.
8. I have a little scar above my left eyebrow. I pretend I got it in some epic battle, but in truth, I had a birthmark surgically removed as a young child. (Not nearly as interesting.)
9. August Booth is one of my favorite Once Upon a Time characters. SO FAR. I retain the right to amend that statement should he ever turn bad, something which happens a whole awful lot to characters in this show! But he's a writer. Enough said. And though he's not been a very good boy lately (as of Season 1's conclusion), something about him is special.
10. I love keys . . . old-fashioned skeleton keys with twining strands of metal. So beautiful and mysterious.
11. As a child, I combed my house in search of secret passageways, knocking on walls and floors, poking in corners. Alas, there were none to be found. If I get a chance to design my own house one day, I am definitely adding some secret tunnels.
Questions from Tori (as if I haven't rambled on long enough already!):
1.) Shorts, jeans, or skirts? Shorts or jeans. I do like skirts, but they're not practical for everyday wear, and I don't own very many to begin with.
2.) Hot weather or cold weather? In between weather! Spring and fall are my favorite seasons.
3.) What's your favorite flavor? Depends what sort of food group we're talking about here. To start off, I love berry flavors, chocolate, Italian food (so . . . garlic? in not-too-overpowering amounts?), mint, etc.
4.) Coffee, cocoa, or tea? Depends on the day. I'd say coffee or tea sooner than cocoa, simply because hot chocolate is so sweet and filling. Though I do enjoy it on a cold, wintry afternoon.
5.) What's the first book you remember reading? A Little Bear book that I thought I could read, but had actually only memorized.
6.) Favorite song artist? I have a number of those, but one is Anthem Lights. They're a four-guy Christian group, producing both their own original music and covers of secular songs. Their harmony is AMAZING, their sense of humor is hilarious, and their heart for God shines through (especially in their original music). Some of my favorite originals are . . .
And one of my favorite covers . . .
7.) Do you play an instrument? Sadly, no, but I'd love to learn piano or violin or cello. If it didn't require so much time and effort, that is. Just download the skills into my brain, please!
8.) Favorite fandom? Though I'm a fan of many things, I'm not sure how many I can actually call a fandom of mine. To me that implies a thorough knowledge to go along with one's deep, abiding love; and I hesitate to claim I know all the ins and outs of these things. But I'm proud to be an Imp of Goldstone Wood, a fan of Marvel, a fan of Dragons in Our Midst (and the following series), and a casual Ring nut. (I say casual because I've yet to watch the movies or read the books more than once. *hangs head in shame*)
9.) Favorite actor? Let's just follow my trend of slacking off and answering these questions with multiple answers, shall we? I loved Martin Freeman as Bilbo, Will Poulter as Eustace, Shailene Woodley as Tris, Chris Evans as Captain America, Sebastian Stan as Bucky . . . The list goes on, despite the fact that I don't actually follow celebrities.
10.) Do you have a favorite scent? Cinnamon. Rain-soaked air. Fresh bread. Coffee. Cucumber melon lotion.
11.) Are you introverted or extroverted? Introverted. Somewhat extroverted around people nearest me.
I nominate these 11 illustrious questers:
Annie Hawthorne @ Curious Wren
Emily @ Emily Etc.
Sarah @ Ink and Paper Tall Ship
Skye @ Ink Castles
Wynonah @ Life is an Adventure
Rebekah Hendrian @ Wordsmithing and Worldbuilding
Katie Grace @ A Writer's Faith
Allissa @ Allissa's Little Corner
wisdomcreates @ The Pen of a Ready Writer
Andrea Adams @ Andrea's Scribbles
Eleven Questions for Said Nominees:
Let's put some dreams and infiniteness into this . . .
1. Describe the most recent dream you can remember having.
2. "To infinity and beyond!" Who's your favorite Toy Story character?
3. If Iron Man and Captain America were pitted against each other (not that hard to imagine), who would you root for?
4. What are your top three favorite things about autumn?
5. When's your prime time: morning, midday, or late at night?
6. You've been handed the leash of an emperor's pet tiger--quick, what do you do with it?
7. Do you have any pre-writing 'rituals' or habits? (If you're not a writer, feel free to describe any other preparatory habits of yours, whether it's your morning routine, or what you do to get ready for studying, or anything else.)
8. Favorite song artist?
9. Name a real-life hero of yours.
10. What's your goal(s) in blogging?
11. Name a literary/film couple you shipped that ended up sinking.
Have fun! As always, it's up to you whether or not you accept this tag.
And if you've made it this far . . . congratulations! You are either very patient, very bored, or actually interested in my silly ramblings. Have some pie.