And now, questers, announcing that "brand new thing I've never done before" I referenced in the last post: my very first (and possibly only because it's mildly terrifying) vlog. Yes. I braved the camera for the sake of a challenge given to me by Emily @ Ink, Inc.* She's a fabulous blogger with a dry wit and love of books. And she writes prettiful things, so go check out her blog!
*link leads to the post in which she tagged me
The rules are simple: 11 facts, 11 questions, 11 nominees (but I'm doing less).
- I love watching lightning storms.
- If watermelon is an available candy flavor, that's the one I'll likely pick.
- My travels are not extensive; so far I've been to only five provinces and three states.
- There is a spider trap in my room that has been rather successful of late. Three dead spiders are sitting there in plain sight. Pleasant. (But rather there than running freely.)
- I quite like bookmarks, but I don't use some of my favorites because I want to keep them nice.
- Christmas candy lasts me months. I still have a jar of licorice allsorts on my shelf.
- My favorite tea is vanilla chai.
- I can pull off a halfway decent English accent, but my Scottish, Irish, and pirate voices seem to blend together.
- If I start a journal using blue pen, I hesitate to ever use black in the same notebook, and vice versa.
- I keep shoeboxes, with the intent of using them to store knickknacks and whatnot. Sadly, there is a stack of shoeboxes I have yet to assign a use for, and the knickknacks are still running wild.
- As a child, the word interrupt brought to mind the picture of a trumpet.
11 Questions Answered in Vlog Form
This is a momentous occasion. And like I said, a little freaky? Obviously you all have seen my face before. It's right there on the sidebar. And I don't mind going one step further and letting you hear my voice. You guys are friends! You're wonderful people! It's just the thought of random people strolling through the internet and happening upon my blog and watching this video that gives me pause. Stranger danger, you know.
Ahem. All that aside, I was going to edit the video to make it a bit shorter and therefore more manageable, because everyone's busy and time is scarce, but my program was giving me technical difficulties . . . so this is unedited, imperfect, and at some spots, a little repetitious. C'est la vie. Just proves I'm a human bean.*
*I like saying bean instead of being. And the sunburn I'm sporting is also proof of my humanity.
So here it is. Enjoy!
11 New Questions
[stealing some from Emily because her questions were great]
- What's your current favorite song?
- In the context of either reading or writing (or both): do you prefer standalones or series?
- Have you ever met a book or movie character who was a lot like you? If so, who?
- What's your biggest pet peeve as a reader?
- Favorite meal: breakfast, lunch, or supper?
- What's been inspiring you this week?
- What does a perfect day look like for you?
- If the world was flat, and you came to the edge of it, what would you like to find there?
- If you could tell your younger self one thing, what would it be?
- With what word would you like others to describe you?
- What's one book that changed your life?
And I tag . . .
Blue @ To be a Shennachie // Savannah @ Secret Scribblings (private blog) // Squeaks @ Hidden Doorways // Deborah @ The Road of a Writer // Katie @ A Writer's Faith
Whether you answer the questions in a vlog or just in a regular post is up to you! Of course you're not obligated to do the tag at all, but it's here should you want to.